A possible Saturday Skyline

General Palm Springs area.

A possible Saturday Skyline

Postby Ellen » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:07 pm

Howdy All :)

The Palm Springs weather doesn't look too bad for Saturday -- a low of 74 and high of 95. Anyone interested?

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Postby hawkbill666 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:44 pm

I would love nothing more than inviting myself along on a hike with you :) , although I expect I would slow your pace.

But I will not be down to Palm Springs until October/November sometime. And besides 95 degrees !! - "I'm Melting!" (my son has been watching The Wizard of Oz :) )

Scott
hawkbill666

Postby PatrickSupra » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:41 pm

I am still awaiting my opportunity to conquer Skyline. Only reason I've never done it is just because I've never had anyone to go with. If you don't mind a first-timer, I would really like to go.
PatrickSupra

going up as well

Postby michael » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:35 pm

I plan on going up. Per Zip's advice..ill start early enough to summit by 11AM..though not sure when ill start...gonna try to jump on Steve or Fern's back if they run by....anybody know where to buy velcro?
michael

Re: going up as well

Postby zippetydude » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:42 pm

michael wrote: Zip's advice
= FAIL

Hey michael, after our discussion about that, I just had to laugh at my bad advice when they had to stop the Mt. Baldy Run To The Top on Saturday at about 8:45 a.m. due to rain and lightning! Like those weather guys, I'm right some of the time!

I ran up San Gorgonio this morning, saw clouds starting to form once I got back down, so it's true some of the time!

I'll be out of town this weekend or I'd join you guys. Have fun!

z
zippetydude

no worries

Postby michael » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:46 pm

No worries. weather 'looks' like its clearing up for Sat...but will my bring waterproof attire.

Baldy Race was cancelled?!?...must have been pretty bad... :shock:
On a side note, there is a LARGE Peakbagger Meetup group going up Sunday...hopey they are able to summit in time.. :(
michael

Postby Ellen » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:08 am

Howdy All :)

The weather for Saturday and Sunday is still looking good 8) Tomorrow's high is 98 and low is 75. Sunday is similiar.

The MeetUp group is doing a moonlight Skyline/C2C Sunday AM starting at about 1 AM. The full moon is Monday (howling).

I'll likely start around 4:30 AM tomorrow.

Howdy Patrick :)

Sent you a PM 8)

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Last edited by Ellen on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellen

Postby Ellen » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:22 am

Howdy Scott :)

Would love to meet and hike with you -- let me know when you're going to be down. October and November are much better months to hike Skyline.

I just can't resist the chance to go up before the tram closure.

Regarding the weather -- that's why I'm starting early. I want to be at 4 K when the sun comes up. Thanks to my Swedish genes, I melt in the heat just like the wicked witch: "And your little dog too!!!"

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Postby bluerail » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:31 pm

se ya up there gal....not sure our pace yet though, bringing Martine Canizas (Karens friend) son, he's 19 and hasn't done it yet but he'll probably kick our asses.

530 sart.
bluerail

Postby » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:33 pm

if anyone is going up sunday, keep an eye on that meetup group. I read some questions people were asking...seems some people think they can do the hike because they were in the military. we know how that's turned about before...

Next

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains