a note for DWA

General Palm Springs area.

a note for DWA

Postby tinaballina » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:07 am

A note to our friends at DWA,
I think its a low blow to serve papers at someones place of work.
I read some of the paperwork and i think it is ludicrous you are trying to make an example out of us back before i was even born.
Its sad you killed so many trees to copy and paste screen shots of TR's from this board, did you stop to think about that?
I also wonder if marajuana gets taxed-does this mean you will be taxed as well??? I sure hope so.
It is sad that all we wanted to do is climb a mountain and this is the result of it. I went above and beyond-literally-to go around your property, you claim we still tresspassed-MARK YOUR PROPERTY WITH A F*&$ing FENCE. I shouldn't need a map, you need to mark the whole parameter.
I have speaked my peace.....for the day at least.
tinaballina

Postby Hikin_Jim » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:01 am

They served you I take it?
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Postby tinaballina » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:45 am

yeppers, the docs are a bunch of bs. its all the posts we made on paper...really? if i was trying to hide something i wouldn't post it in the first place. these people have a lot of time on their hands.
tinaballina

Postby AlanK » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:35 am

What am I missing here?

For years, people have traipsed across DWA land to do the Snow Creek climb. They have posted countless trip reports, pictures, etc. No effort whatsoever was made to take action against all of those folks.

Now, in 2010, several people go out of their way to do the climb without trespassing on DWA property. They are rewarded by heavy-handed legal action by the DWA. Yt, they have evidently done nothing wrong.

Again, what am I missing here?
AlanK

Postby HikeUp » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:50 pm

AlanK wrote:Again, what am I missing here?

DWA's side of the story! :D
HikeUp

Postby Hikin_Jim » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:59 pm

They're mad as he|| and they're not going to take it anymore. Unfortunately, they're lashing out at the wrong people.

It was getting out of control with people scheduling trips right out in the open on MeetUp, etc.

Again, though, they're picking on people that are easy targets but unfortunately aren't the ones trespassing.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Postby tinaballina » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:15 pm

AlanK wrote:What am I missing here?

For years, people have traipsed across DWA land to do the Snow Creek climb. They have posted countless trip reports, pictures, etc. No effort whatsoever was made to take action against all of those folks.

Now, in 2010, several people go out of their way to do the climb without trespassing on DWA property. They are rewarded by heavy-handed legal action by the DWA. Yt, they have evidently done nothing wrong.

Again, what am I missing here?

Alan, we are all missing it. They threw all those people that I don't know into this lawsuit....again, really???

maybe they are my long lost ancestors and i don't know it.
tinaballina

Postby AlanK » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:24 pm

Hikin_Jim wrote:They're mad as he|| and they're not going to take it anymore. Unfortunately, they're lashing out at the wrong people.

It was getting out of control with people scheduling trips right out in the open on MeetUp, etc.

Again, though, they're picking on people that are easy targets but unfortunately aren't the ones trespassing.

OK, they get the part about "punishing the innocent." Do they have the part about "rewarding the guilty" down as well?
AlanK

Postby » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:35 pm

hai guys. can't wait to try out my new route. took a lot of time to map out. maybe do a few loops. hopefully plenty of fresh water for drinking / showering etc!

Postby tinaballina » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:27 pm

LOL @ Ze, where does your new route start?
tinaballina

Next

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains