Search under way for hiker missing in Joshua Tree NP 7/14

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Re: Search under way for hiker missing in Joshua Tree NP 7/1

Postby Perry » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:10 pm

I submitted a FOIA request today. Hopefully I'll receive everything in a few months. Looking through the aerial photos will likely be too much for 1 person alone and require a group effort.
If you need help signing up as a new member, please send an email to Contact @ Mt San Jacinto . info (without the spaces)
Perry
Site Admin

Postby Perry » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:57 pm

I received a response from the park today. It will take a long time because of all the documents I requested that have to be reviewed for redaction and also the backlog of numerous FOIA requests about the government shutdown.
If you need help signing up as a new member, please send an email to Contact @ Mt San Jacinto . info (without the spaces)
Perry
Site Admin

Postby Perry » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:49 pm

Here's another update. I did receive some documents about the first 2 days of searching. Everything else has to be reviewed by the regional office. I'll post what I have in late September when the weather starts cooling off.
Perry
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Outdoors-Related Topics