Hiking Fools Get Together

General Palm Springs area.

Re: Hiking Fools Get Together

Postby zippetydude » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:10 am

I think more people are off work on Sunday, though that's only a guess. I am available either day. :D

z
zippetydude

Postby Cy Kaicener » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:29 pm

Ellen wrote:Howdy All :)

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone who can attend the get-together 8)

How about the weekend of October 28-29? Saturday or Sunday?

Usually we meet at the picnic area in Long Valley about 2 PM. This gives folks time to do a tram hike or Skyline.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen

Wow - I would love to see some of my fellow hiking fools again. Its been so long. Saturday Oct 28 is perfect as I am thinking of participating in the tram road challenge as well. Either day works for me
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Postby cynthia23 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:16 pm

Works for me, either day!
Q: How many therapists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change ...
cynthia23

Postby Perry » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:30 am

To be honest, I'm not excited about spending $69 for a family of 3, waiting in line 4 times with a 4-year-old, plus shopping for and preparing food. And I don't know if Lily would want to go up the tram. It might just be me with some bags of chips and salsa.

Easy sounds nice. Las Casuelas was easy but kind of crowded. Denny's would be super easy.

Around Oct 28 or 29 we'll probably go to Halloween activities for kids. Not sure where and when yet.
If you need help signing up as a new member, please send an email to Contact @ Mt San Jacinto . info (without the spaces)
Perry
Site Admin

Postby zippetydude » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:14 pm

I understand Perry, it's pricey and kinda like moving an army when you have to get the whole family somewhere. I still remember when my youngest got big enough to skip the car seat...I love kids being safe, but I hate car seats! If you're still doing Skyline you could always run up and then take the tram back down. :D

z
zippetydude

Postby Ed » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:32 pm

Palm Desert Civic Center Park? Not sure how it is on weekends or afternoons, it is quite nice on weekday mornings. Long Valley is fine with me, but if people want a place better for children, dogs and pocketbooks, this might be it.
Ed

Postby Mountaingoat » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:00 am

Second that!!

The Goat
Mountaingoat

Postby Ellen » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:15 pm

Howdy All :)

So far the consensus is for Sunday October 29.

As I recall, there's a lovely little park in Palm Springs where we met when Walt, Cynthia and other friends organized a potluck to cheer me up after my 2008 hiking misadventure.

Perry -- I want to see the Scanlon family -- heck, you're Grandmaster P.

An early afternoon get-together would allow folks to hike if so inclined.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Postby Perry » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:11 pm

Sounds great, Ellen. I talked it over with Crystal, and she liked that idea. She said halloween activities are more likely to be on Sat than Sun. Thanks for putting this together.
If you need help signing up as a new member, please send an email to Contact @ Mt San Jacinto . info (without the spaces)
Perry
Site Admin

Postby zippetydude » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:41 pm

Awesome! It will make it easier to bring food since we won't need to lug coolers or dishes up the tram and everyone will be able to attend. I've reserved the date. Where is the park?

z
zippetydude

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains