About those orange dots...

General Palm Springs area.

Postby zippetydude » Mon May 07, 2007 10:25 am

I went last Saturday, but forgot my supplies, so some of the dots remain. I checked the lower section as I went up, however, and it looks like most of them are still gone, so Dotty hasn't been back since my first maintenance effort.

I might go up in the next couple of weeks and do a backwards Skyline, clearing the final dots and packing out as much trash as I can find. I'm thinking an hour or two of improving the trail through the traverse area might make the upper trail safer for first timers (and Ellen! :wink: How goes the healing?) this spring and fall, so if time allows I may do that as well.

If I have a chance to do the trail backwards, I'll probably also have a chance to say hi to everyone in person, since I'll be going against the flow of traffic.

z
zippetydude

Postby cynthia23 » Mon May 07, 2007 11:00 am

Zip, you and SS are my HEROES!!! I made my slow way up Skyline yesterday. I was sort of in a fugue state, so it took me to about 7000 feet to realize I hadn't seen any Orange Dots and Crazydude's STUFF IS GONE!!!!! A little bird suggested that Mr. Z is the one we have to thank for this. Whoever took Cdude's stuff, please step up and take a bow! And for your removal of Dotty's ugly work, Zip and SS, please take another one! You guys are the best. This is truly the wilderness spirit at work. The Mountain thanks you and I thank you!
Q: How many therapists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change ...
cynthia23

Postby KathyW » Mon May 07, 2007 4:41 pm

was i just seeing things or were there new white dots and arrows along the lower part of the trail?
KathyW

Postby zippetydude » Mon May 07, 2007 10:16 pm

Sorry, Cynthia, can't take credit for the Crazydude trash removal. Maybe he did it once he realized he'd been spotted by the authorities. Someone, maybe him, also raided one of my gatorade caches, leaving nothing but empty bottles strewn about. Such a nasty thing to do - what if I had been counting on that cache to make it safely through? As it is, now I'll have to bring a pack and carry out all the empties (I normally take them out with me as I consume them.) and hide my next supply better. I would't mind if someone used one if they were in need - especially if it were one of our friendly compatriots here on line - but this didn't look like that at all. Well, life presents its challenges.

z
zippetydude

credit

Postby guest » Thu May 10, 2007 12:46 pm

Nor can I take credit, but hopefully that's the last of that stuff.
I saw camping year & other personal belonging scattered over 2 miles a few years ago, people do desperate things in dire-straits!

Now if anyone whats to leave a hammock up around the trees, it would make for a great siesta spot!

ss

Postby another guest » Mon May 14, 2007 1:20 pm

As of 5/12/2007 there are no dots, arrows(grafitti) or trail markings(litter) at or above flat rock. Please respect the entire Skyline Route as the wilderness it is...leave only footprints!
another guest

Postby cynthia23 » Mon May 14, 2007 1:30 pm

Right on Right on, Another Guest! I couldn't have said it better myself!

My heartfelt thanks to the heroes who have been cleaning up .... this is a real wilderness mitzvah!
Q: How many therapists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change ...
cynthia23

Yes, hurray

Postby guest » Mon May 14, 2007 7:19 pm

Thanks another G (like me) for sweatin your butt off to undo what someone should have never done, Mother earth thanks you I'm sure as well.

This is a wilderness trail still, and a magical one at that, we can all do a little part.

ss

Postby zippetydude » Mon May 14, 2007 9:53 pm

Another Guest: You mean from flat rock all the way to Grubbs Notch? That would be sweet!

z
zippetydude

Postby another guest » Tue May 15, 2007 7:06 am

[quote="zippetydude"]Another Guest: You mean from flat rock all the way to Grubbs Notch? That would be sweet!

z[/quote]

Yep! All the way up.
another guest

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains